Instructions for General Anesthesia patients
- Do not eat or drink anything starting at midnight the day before your surgery. This includes water, juice, coffee, etc.
- You must be accompanied by a driver who must remain in the waiting room during your surgery.
- Please wear short-sleeved clothes that are loose, cool and comfortable.
- Fingernail polish, including polish on acrylic nails and jewelry should be removed.
- Contact lenses should not be worn the day of surgery.
- Someone should be available to be with you for 12 to 24 hours after you return home.
- Minors must be accompanied by parent.
Suggested foods after surgery:
Cereal with milk
Mac N’ Cheese
Drink plenty of fluids such as Gatorade, water, juices, etc…
Avoid really cold or really hot drinks.
If you have milkshakes and smoothies, AVOID STRAWS for 10 days.
Avoid the following foods for 10 days:
Anything with seeds: (strawberries, sunflower seeds)